Seibu Railway begins with Kawagoe Railway, which opened between Kokubunji Station and Kumegawa (currently Higashimurayama) Station in December 1894. Kawagoe Railway was merged with Musashi Suido after the opening of the “Kokubunji-Kawagoe” (currently Motokawagoe) station in 1920.
In 1921, the Seibu Orbit, which had opened the “Yodobashi-cho Tsunohazu-Ogikubo-mura” station (later Toden Suginami Line), was merged, and in 1925 the Ahina Line “Minami-Otsuka-Ahina Station (currently suspended). Line) ”was opened, and in 1927, the Tama Railway (currently the Tama Line) was merged.In the same year, the section between “Higashimurayama-Kawagoe” station was electrified and direct operation between “Takadanobaba-Kawagoe” station was started.
After abolishing the section between Kawagoe-Kubocho and Omiya stations on the Omiya line in 1941, we will enter the Pacific War. Series 6000 (near former Kaji station) In 1944, Food Production Increase Co., Ltd. was established to deal with the food shortage during the war. At the same time, it seems that manure transportation was also started by consignment from Tokyo. During this time, Takeno Railway, Seibu Railway, and increased food production merged to form Seibu Agricultural Railway.
Shortly after the war in 1946, Seibu Railway was renamed to the current Seibu Railway.
After the war, the reconstruction of Seibu Railway was swift with the policy of “quantity rather than quality”.
We took over a large number of war-damaged cars, accident cars, and old and scrapped wooden cars of the National Railways, remodeled them at the Tokorozawa Vehicle Factory of the Reconstruction Company, repaired them, and made the wooden car bodies into steel bodies. It was operated at. 101 series one-man specification car driver’s seat The 351 series (formerly 501 series), which first appeared in 1954 after the war, established the “Shonan Design”, which is the basic design of Seibu Railway.
However, after the war, Seibu Railway continued to increase the number of old-fashioned rigid-hung drive vehicles while competing with other companies to introduce high-performance vehicles.
In 1963, when other companies were still 18m class 6-car trains and the occupancy rate was slightly over 200% at the maximum, 10-car trains were operated for the first time by Japanese private railways between “Ikebukuro-Tokorozawa” stations to secure transportation capacity. I’m sorry. In 1969, the 101 series
, the first yellow train, will appear. In 1998, we started mutual direct operation on the Seibu Yurakucho Line (between Nerima and Kotake Mukaihara Station) from Nerima Station on the Teito Rapid Transit Authority (currently Tokyo Subway) Yurakucho Line and Seibu Ikebukuro Line. Koremasa station terminal bollard In 2001, the grade separation work between “Nerima-Nerimatakanodai” station on the Ikebukuro line was completed, and the elevated double track between “Nerimatakanodai” station will start to be used. In 2008, we started to use the Tokyo-Metro Fukutoshin Line, and a female driver appeared on the Seibu Shinjuku Line for the first time in about 60 years.
Musashigaoka Vehicle Inspection Center
Ryutetsu 5000 series 2000 series New 101 series 2000 series The Musashigaoka Train Inspection Center is located next to the Musashigaoka Train Factory, which branches off from the Musashigaoka Signal Factory located between “Higashi-Hino-Koma” stations on the Ikebukuro Line. The site area is 84,750 square meters, and there are two entrance / exit lines and four inspection lines.
The main inspections are important part inspection (once every 4 years) and general inspection (once every 8 years), as well as vehicle renewal and remodeling work.
[Seibu Train Festa 2011 in Musashigaoka Vehicle Inspection Center]
The “Seibu Train Festa 2011 in Musashigaoka Vehicle Inspection Center” held on June 5, 2011 was a traverser riding experience, main control equipment, brakes, pantograph operation experience, and maintenance line.・ Exhibits of overhead wire work vehicles, motors, wheels, completed trolleys, and underfloor equipment were exhibited
Seibu Tokorozawa Factory
The Seibu Tokorozawa Factory, which was adjacent to Tokorozawa Station, was established in 1946 as the Tokorozawa Vehicle Factory of the Reconstruction Company, and has been directly managed by Seibu Railway since 1973. Unlike the maintenance shop, it has the same technical and production capacity as a manufacturer specializing in vehicles, and Seibu Railway’s commuter vehicles up to the 1980s were manufactured here, and we also have a track record of manufacturing vehicles other than Seibu Railway for small and medium-sized private railways.
The end was the end of vehicle production with the new construction of 9000 series 9108F formation in 1999, and the heavy detection field of the new 2000 series 2459F formation was finally closed in June 2000. Subsequent inspection work has been taken over by the new Musashigaoka Vehicle Inspection Center.
Akitsu connecting line
Seibu Railway Akitsu connecting line Seibu Railway Akitsu connecting line Seibu Railway Tokorozawa Station Seibu Railway has a connection line with the JR Musashino Line in Akitsu, Saitama Prefecture.
A curved track to the tunnel on the left side of “Shin-Akitsu” station on the JR Musashino line continues to “Tokorozawa” station on the Seibu line.
The connecting line is used for carrying in new vehicles, carrying out due to modification by the vehicle manufacturer, transporting class A trains due to vehicle transfer, and entering / exiting inspections on the Tamagawa Line. The Tamagawa Line will be transported to “Akitsu” station by A-class train using the connecting line with the JR Chuo Line at “Musashino Sakai” station. ● Why is Seibu Shinjuku Station so far? If you change trains from Shinjuku Station to use the Seibu Shinjuku Line, it will be a big deal. Seibu Shinjuku Station is located in Kabukicho 1-chome (formerly Tsunohazu), and it takes about 10 minutes on foot. It seems that most of the users are using the JR Yamanote Line “Takadanobaba” station for transfer. Seibu-Shinjuku Station was born in 1952 as a temporary station in the process of extending to JNR Shinjuku Station (currently JR East) . The line license was obtained between “Takadanobaba-Shinjuku” station in 1948, but it was a provisional measure because the land readjustment around Shinjuku was not completed. The Shinjuku Station Building (currently LUMINE EST Shinjuku) was completed at the east exit of Shinjuku Station in 1964, but the plan to extend it was alive. It had a structure that took into consideration the entry of the Seibu Line. The second floor on the Studio Alta side has a strong structure for station building and home construction. The plan was canceled because the Seibu Shinjuku Line terminal, which had a sharp increase in transportation volume, could only take up space for 6 cars and 2 lines. However, in March 1977, Seibu-Shinjuku Station completed a station building with 25 floors above ground and 4 floors below ground, incorporating the Prince Hotel and a shopping mall, and became a permanent terminal station with three 10-car trains. With this, the plan to extend to Shinjuku station has completely disappeared. After that, the Shinjuku Station Building was renamed to My City by open recruitment when the entire building was renovated in 1978, and was merged with LUMINE Co., Ltd., a JR East group, in April 2006, and the name was changed to the current LUMINE EST Shinjuku. increase.
Seibu Railway existing line
Ikebukuro Line Ikebukuro-Tokorozawa-Hanno-Agano 57.8km Single track section between Hanno and Seibu Chichibu stations (Note 1) Seibu Chichibu Line Agano-Chichibu Seibu 19.0km Each stop from “Hanno” station has been one-man operation since 2003 Seibu Yurakucho Line Nerima-Kotake Mukaihara 2.6km Direct operation from “Kotake Mukaihara” station to Yurakucho Line / Fukutoshin Line Toshima Line Nerima-Toshimaen 1.0km Single wire Sayama Line Nishitokorozawa-in front of Seibu Stadium 4.2km – Shinjuku Line Seibu Shinjuku-Tokorozawa-Honkawakoshi 47.5km Single track section between “Minami Otsuka-Honkawakoshi” station Seibuen Line Higashimurayama-Seibuen 2.4km Single wire Haijima Line Kodaira-Haijima 14.3km Partial single track (Note 2) Tamako Line Kokubunji-Hagiyama-Seibu Amusement Park 9.2km Single wire Kokubunji Line Higashimurayama-Ogawa-Kokubunji 7.8km Single line (Note 3) Yamaguchi Line Seibu Stadium-Seibu Amusement Park 2.8km New transportation system [not railroad track] Tamagawa Line Musashisakai-Koremasa 8.0km There is an independent line, a single line, and a connecting line with the Chuo Line at Musashisakai Station. Ahina Line Minami Otsuka-Ahina [Freight Line] 3.2km Pause line / single track Note 1: Due to the route classification, the Ikebukuro line is between “Ikebukuro-Agano” station, but the actual operation is between “Ikebukuro-Hanno” station and the direct operation is between “Ikebukuro-Hanno-Seibu Chichibu” station. As with “Fujisawa” station, it will be a switchback at “Hanno” station.
Note 2: The section between “Tamagawajosui-Musashi-Sunagawa” station (2.4km) and the section between “Seibu-Tachikawa-Haijima” station (2.7km) is a single track section, and the others are double track sections.
Note 3: The section between Hanezawa Signaling Station and “Koigakubo” station (1.2km) is a double track section.
Seibu Shinjuku Line Tanashi Station train collision accident [March 23, 1986]
The brakes of the Seibu Shinjuku upbound express (2000 series, 2415F + 2017F) approaching “Tanashi” station on the Seibu Shinjuku line stopped working, and the passengers and passengers collided with the preceding semi-express (2407F + 2023F) that was stopped at the platform. 204 people were injured.
The cause was heavy snow in Tanashi City (currently Nishitokyo City) on that day, and the snow was caught between the wheels and the brake shoes, resulting in insufficient braking force for air braking. (The first two cars are in permanent series control, and the power regeneration braking stop speed is high.) Of the accident vehicles, eight severely damaged cars (six cars before the express train and two cars after the semi-express train) were scrapped. .. The remaining 6 cars were renumbered and restored as one.
At the time of the accident, the 101 series running on the Chichibu and Ikebukuro lines of the company was equipped with snow-resistant brakes (crimp brakes in the company’s name), but the 2000 series, which was exclusively for the Shinjuku line, was not equipped with this brake. It was.
In the wake of this accident, snow-resistant (crimping) brakes were installed on all of the company’s trains, including trains that do not run in snowy areas.